Home » Letter of Introduction

Letter of Introduction

February 1st, 2019 

Professor Collins 

160 Convent Ave,

New York, NY, 10031

Subject: Letter of Introduction 

Dear Professor Collins, 

I still cannot believe it is my second semester of college. It is mind blowing how time flies in a single semester. I just want to say it’s nice to have you as a teacher again, two semesters back to back. This letter is going to be more like a refresher about my life and how I ended up being an engineering student. My name is Alex Guerrero, and I am enrolled in your Writer for Engineer class. Currently I am also registered in the Grove School of Engineering as an undergraduate student perusing a degree in Electrical Engineering. 

Personally, I am the type of person that is hands-on when it comes to projects. I went to High School for Construction Trade, Engineering and Architecture, believe it or not I am beyond grateful for going there because it made me realize the type of person I am. Every year we learned a different trade and as I started to explore my options, I realized I love to build and create stuff. My sophomore year and senior year were all electrical workshop classes and that is how I fell in love with electrical. I know electrical engineering is different from an electrician, but there is just something about electrical that intrigues me. 

Throughout, high school I was very active on shop class. I participated a lot in different projects and competed within different clubs when it came down to eletrical. The one club that I joined was SkillsUSA since it gave me a chance to compete with students from other school borough-wise and state-wise in electrical residential wiring. The rush that these competitions gave me was unbelievable, that’s when I found out that I had a passion for construction as a trade and engineering is just another way in which it can help me do more. My whole passion for engineering started in High School and it opened great doors for me to realize one of my passion early on.

Professionally, I am still indecisive on what branch I am trying to pursue within engineering. Electrical Engineering has so many branches that I have not explored into details yet. Looking more into it, robotics sort of have always had my attention since they can be so helpful in our daily life. It’s a bit hard right now trying to know what I see myself career wise. I officially just started my second semester, so I am exploring my options. There are endless possibilities for which my eyes have not explored just yet. 

Everyone has dreams of their future jobs and what types of project they would like to work. To be honest that what keep most of us motivated to keep working, especially me. Due to the fact that robots fascinate me to an extent that I see myself working in NASA. When I hear of NASA, I think of the most intellectual minds which society have to offer. Various types of engineers gather around trying to solve a big puzzle of what is next for human kind and space. I would love to work with NASA and build a robot that would explore places in which nobody has been able to be yet. I feel like that would be a huge accomplishment that would leave me speechless. Like who can say? “Yeah I helped build that robot exploring space with NASA”. Everyday I am working towards a dream, tiny steps at a time. 

Hopefully this letter let you understand me more as an engineering student and about myself too. Its humble you taking the time out of your day to find out a little about the lives of all your students.  

Sincerely yours,

Alex Guerrero

Alex Guerrero

Undergraduate student